Fair Cases Law Group Blog
Unfair Insurance Companies
Is Your Insurance Company Treating You Unfairly?
You’ve had your insurance policy for years, paying the premium each month in good faith. You rest easy, knowing that, if something happens, you will be covered.
And then, the unthinkable happens. You have a car accident.
Yet when you go to file a claim, the insurance company either outright denies it or engages in unfair tactics.
10 Ways Your Insurance Company Acted Unfairly
- Denying a claim without giving a reason
- Failing to conduct a prompt and complete investigation
- Offering less money than a claim is worth
- Delaying or denying decisions on claims or requests for approval for medical treatment
- Refusing to pay a valid claim
- Making threatening statements
- Misrepresenting the law or policy language
- Putting insurance company profits over a policyholder’s valid claim
- Delaying payment of a valid claim
- Refusing reasonable requests for documentation