Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, the lawyers of Fair Cases Law Group want to express our sincere wishes for your speedy and complete recovery. If that spinal cord injury was to any extent due to others' negligence, or if an insurance company does not want to compensate your losses adequately, the legal services of our personal injury attorneys can ensure those parties uphold their obligations to restore your financial circumstances and long-term health.
Get Your Free Case Review
Spinal Cord Injuries
Avvo Clients' Choice Award
Client Choice recognizes those law firms that stand apart for the excellent client care they provide and the quality of their service.
Common causes of spinal cord injuries
- Auto accidents. Auto accidents are the leading cause of spinal cord injuries, totaling almost half of the new spinal cord injuries every year.
- Acts of violence. Over 13% of spinal cord injuries happen from violent confrontations, most commonly from gunshot wounds. Knife injuries also are common.
- Sports and recreation injuries. Athletic activities, such as contact sports and diving in shallow water, make about 10% of spinal cord injuries.
- Alcohol. Alcohol use is a portion of about 1 out of every 4 spinal cord injuries.
- Diseases. Cancer, osteoporosis, arthritis, and swelling of the spinal cord can also cause spinal cord accident injuries.
What are the symptoms of a spinal cord injury?
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Difficulty with balance and walking
- Impaired breathing after injury
- Extreme back pain or tension in your neck, head, or back
- Tiredness, incoordination, or paralysis in any body part
- Numbness, tingling, or loss of feeling in your hands or feet
- A strangely positioned or twisted neck or back
What should I do if I think I have a spinal cord injury?
- Call 911 immediately. The sooner medical staff arrives, the better.
- Please don’t move the individual or irritate them in any way unless it’s essential. This involves moving the individual’s head or trying to remove any headgear.
- Encourage the individual to remain as calm as possible, even if they think they can get up and walk independently.
- If the individual isn’t breathing, perform CPR. Don’t move the head back, however. Instead, move the jaw forward.
When a person arrives at the hospital, medical personnel will do a physical and comprehensive neurological exam. This will help them decide whether there’s an injury to the spinal cord and where.
Diagnostics tools that medical personnel may use include:
- CT scans
- Spine X-rays
- evoked potential testing, which times how quickly nerve stimulation signals reach the brain
If you or someone you love has a spine or back injury after an accident, fill out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form. Our top personal injury lawyers have experience handling cases. They are ready to help you recover the compensation you may be entitled to for your spinal cord injury.
Free Case Evaluation
Our property damage lawyers have a proven track record of success in helping getting maximum compensation. We know the law and have a dedicated team waiting to get you the compensation you deserve.
What is the vision for patients with spinal cord injury?
Maintaining a positive outlook is essential for patients with spinal cord injury. Assistive devices allow most individuals with even significant spinal cord injuries to stay productive. Unfortunately, the rate of depression, dissociation, and substance misuse is much higher in individuals with spinal cord accident injuries. There are many support organizations and treatments available for individuals with spinal cord injury as listed below.
No Recovery No Fee Guaranteed
We charge no legal fees unless you win or settle your case. If your case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing, we guarantee it.
What Damages Can You Receive in a Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit?
Medical Bills: Plaintiffs can recover compensation for any medical bills following the injury, including hospital bills, prescription medications, doctor visits, and rehabilitation, as well as any future medical costs.
Lost Wages: Money for time spent away from work and a loss of earning capacity may also be compensated for.
Pain and Suffering: When a person suffers a spinal cord injury, they can experience long-term physical and emotional pain. These victims can receive money for this pain and suffering after the spinal cord injury.
Wrongful Death: When a spinal cord injury causes an individual’s passing, the victims’ family may be able to sue the at-fault party. In these situations, the family may be eligible for compensation based on the pain and suffering of the victim and money to ease the financial burden left by their loved one’s passing.
If you or someone you love has a critical spine or back injury, fill out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form. Our top personal injury attorneys have experience handling cases in a variety of practice areas. They are ready to help you recover the compensation you may be entitled to for your spinal cord injury.
Get Maximum Compensation
Our property damage lawyers have a proven track record of success helping property damage victims get maximum compensation. We have a dedicated team waiting to get you compensated.