Bus Accident Laws Los Angeles
Auto injury cases are best handled by lawyers with specialized expertise in auto accidents. Unlike other law firms that handle all kinds of personal injury claims (dog bite, slip and fall, etc. and auto accidents) we only handle auto accident cases. By concentrating in one area, we have developed a high level of expertise and capability in bus accident law. Fair Cases Law Group is your bus accident attorney in Los Angeles.
Fair Cases Bus Accident Attorneys Can Successfully Bring Suit Against the Appropriate Entities:
- LA County Metro (Metro Rail, Metro Rapid, Metro Express)
- Santa Monica Big Blue Bus
- Culver City Bus or Torrance Transit
- A school bus operated by private-schools or public-school districts, including the Los Angeles Unified School District
- Charter tour bus company (Caravan, Cal Tours, Orion Pacific, Royal American Tours, Las Vegas casino tours, and others)
- Private bus company (Greyhound, Scapadas Mágicas, National Express Coach, Coach Skyline, and others)
- Airport shuttle buses (Super Shuttle, FlyAway, Prime, Roadrunner, DASH, and others)
- Any other bus, light rail, subway or train entity
“Common Carriers” Have Heightened Legal Responsibilities
Buses are “common carriers,” as they transport passengers for hire. California law holds common carriers to higher standards of care than other drivers. While most drivers must use reasonable care while operating their vehicles, common carrier drivers must use “the utmost care and diligence” for the safety of passengers. They must also exercise a “reasonable degree of skill.”
Fair Cases holds bus drivers and bus companies to these higher standards—by holding them fully liable when breaching this duty causes devastating injuries to our clients.
Bus Accident Victims Have Limited Time to File a Case Against Government Entities
Seeking compensation from government entities that operate buses involves significantly different time frames and procedures than taking action against a private bus company. Specifically, the California Tort Claims Act sets out strict and short deadlines to file claims against a governmental entity. Under these rules, a bus accident victim in Los Angeles has 6 months (180 days) from the date of the accident to file a notice of grievance with the proper state agency. Failure to file a claim in time will bar an individual from recovery.
If you have suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one in a bus accident involving a public or city bus, do not delay in contacting Fair Cases as soon as possible to ensure you comply with these deadlines and do not lose your rights to recover compensation.
Investigating and Proving Bus Accident Claims
Prompt investigation of the cause of a crash is critical to the success of bus accident claims. In bus accident cases, often the bus driver or the bus company itself acted negligently.
Some examples of negligence that commonly results in bus crashes include:
- Traffic violations – Common examples of traffic violations that bus drivers may commit include speeding, failing to signal lane changes, improper turns, following too closely, and reckless driving.
- Distracted driving – Distracted bus drivers who cause accidents are legally responsible for any injuries and fatalities that result. Sending a text message, talking on a cell phone, using a navigation system, and eating while driving are a few examples of distracted driving.
- Impaired driving – The law strictly prohibits drunk and drugged driving, and our attorneys can use criminal violations to help prove liability for our clients’ losses.
- Fatigued driving – Like other commercial drivers, bus drivers are subject to long hours of service. Fair Cases bus accident attorneys in Los Angeles can thoroughly investigate claims involving fatigued drivers and determine whether any evidence of violations or negligence exists.
- Negligent hiring – Commercial bus operators have a duty to hire properly licensed, qualified, and trained bus drivers. Issues such as criminal convictions, evidence of drug or alcohol abuse, medical conditions that may damage a driver’s abilities, a dangerous driving history, or failure to properly train drivers all may result in an actionable claim for negligence against the bus company.
Fair Cases Bus Accident Attorneys Fight for Safe Public Transportation
The personal injury attorney’s at Fair Cases focus on bus accidents. To best identify negligence and liability in a bus accident, our lawyers have a thorough understanding of commercial vehicle laws, bus company practices and policies, and the potential for negligence involving bus operations. Fair Cases has the resources necessary to determine how and why a bus accident occurred and hold all parties at fault responsible for the injuries caused.
Fair Cases is Key to Your Bus Accident Claim
At Fair Cases, we have successfully represented our clients against numerous bus agencies. The bus accident attorney’s at Fair Cases focus on bus accident law and we understand the complexities of these matters, so you can confidently trust us with the details of your case. If you were seriously injured as a passenger on public transportation or in a collision with a commuter bus, train, or the like, secure qualified legal representation without delay. These cases require extensive investigation and preparation. Don’t lessen your chances for high-value compensation by waiting to obtain high-quality representation. If we do not win, Fair Cases Guarantees that you owe us nothing. Call us today at (833) FAIR-111 or complete our contact form below for a free consultation.
Did You Know?
Time is Critical: Personal injury laws in California give Car Accident victims just a Limited Amount of Time to negotiate a fair insurance settlement!