Fair Cases Law Group Blog
Filing a Claim For a Spinal Cord Injury
FILING A CLAIM FOR A SPINAL CORD INJURY
Damage to the spinal cord can result in a devastating injury that affects your ability to live a normal and functional life. Many spinal cord injury victims suffer loss of sensation and motor control, which may result in a victim requiring extensive medical treatment and permanent disability.
If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury due to another’s negligence, it is imperative that you contact an experienced Los Angeles spinal cord injury lawyer to discuss your claim. Fair Cases Law Group’s trusted personal injury attorneys will provide you with a free, no obligation consultation to review the circumstances behind your accident and the effect your spinal cord injury may have on your life.
We know the difficulties accident victims endure after suffering a debilitating injury. Our attorneys will help you understand how to file a spinal cord injury claim to help you obtain the compensation you need.
TYPES OF SPINAL CORD INJURIES
- Incomplete spinal cord injuries: This type of injury occurs when the spine is only torn, bruised or partially severed. An incomplete spinal cord injury may result in temporary paralysis, loss of motor function or sensation.
- Complete spinal cord injuries: This injury occurs when the spinal cord is completely severed, resulting in a full loss of function and feeling in your body. Depending on the location of the injury, you may lose the ability to use your arms and legs, referred to as quadriplegia.
- Duty of care: The at-fault party owed you a duty of care to avoid causing you injury.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party failed to uphold its obligation, resulting in you suffering an injury due to his or her negligence.
- Causation: The at-fault party’s breach of duty directly caused you to suffer a spinal cord injury.
- Damages: You suffered damages due to the at-fault party’s negligence, such as medical expenses for the treatment of your injuries.
If you have been in an accident contact Fair Cases Law Group for a free consultation. A free consultation means you can get a better idea of what your claim might be worth without any cost to you.
To learn more about how we can help as your attorney, please call us at (833) 324-7111 and request a free consultation.
COMPENSATION FOR A SPINAL CORD INJURY
- Past and future medical treatment
- Cost of a caregiver
- Lost wages
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
During your free, no obligation consultation, our attorneys will review the amount of pain and suffering you have endured since acquiring a spinal cord injury. We will be able to determine an accurate amount of compensation that may reflect the injury and financial losses you have suffered.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DOCUMENT
- Medical records that detail the treatment you received and the cost of treatment
- The police report taken at the time of your accident, if applicable
- Witness statements
- Pay stubs or time cards indicating the amount of wages you have lost since suffering your injury
- Evidence showing the quality of your life has diminished since suffering a spinal cord injury
Your attorney will review the evidence you present to help you determine if you are entitled to pursue a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. He or she will work tirelessly on your behalf to obtain the compensation you deserve.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS
In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuit is two years from the date on which you were injured. This means you have two years from the date of your accident to sue the at-fault party for causing you to suffer a spinal cord injury. If you wait too long to take action, you will lose the right to pursue compensation.
Often, insurers will deny personal injury claims or reduce the amount of compensation you can receive. For this reason, it is crucial to contact an attorney to discuss filing a claim as soon as possible. He or she will understand where your claim stands within the statute of limitation and will help you file your case before the deadline passes.
Why Choose Our Law Firm?
- Experienced Lawyers
- Proved Track Record
- Affordable Prices
- No Win No Fee, Guarantee
- Speak with a lawyer
- Free Consultations – Call 24/7
We will also help you see the right doctors, repair or replace your vehicle, gather documentation for your injuries and losses, and arrive at a full and fair figure for compensation.
CONTACT FAIR CASES LAW GROUP FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
A spinal cord injury is one of the most devastating injuries you can suffer during an accident. Many victims suffer permanent impairment that causes severe debilitation and prevents them from living the lifestyle they once enjoyed.
If you or your loved one suffered a spinal cord injury due to another’s negligence, Fair Cases Law Group’s dedicated attorneys will not hesitate to pursue the maximum compensation for your claim. Contact us today to schedule a free, no obligation consultation for us to review your claim and the accident that caused your injury.
All of our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means you will not be charged upfront legal fees and you only have to pay us if we recover compensation for your claim. Call (833) 324-7111.