Wrongful Death vs. Survival Action
What is the difference between wrongful death and survival action? Read this post to learn the differences which type of claim you have
Get Your Free Case Review
What Is the Difference Between Wrongful Death and Survival Action?
What Is a California Wrongful Death Claim?
- Costs in funerals and burials (within reason)
- Hospital costs incurred by the decedent’s relatives as a result of his fatal accident
- Lost income, benefits, and succession
- Financial support was lost
- Household utilities ceased
- The decedent’s affection, companionship, and encouragement have been taken away.
- Costs in legal representation and out-of-pocket expenses
- The depression and emotional anguish of the family
- Punitive damage
Avvo Clients' Choice Award
Client Choice recognizes those law firms that stand apart for the excellent client care they provide and the quality of their service.
What Is a Survival Action?
- Medical bills incurred by the decedent or his or her assets
- Damages to property
- Physical discomfort and anguish
- Emotional injuries
- Mental anguish
- Fear of imminent death